映画のイングリッシュ 017 : Sherlock S1E3 Vocab
Sherlock Season 01 Episode 03 The Great Game
Mycroft needs Sherlock’s help, but a remorseless criminal mastermind puts Sherlock on a distracting crime-solving spree via a series of hostage human bombs through which he speaks.
- Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me? Both.
- Ooh, it’s a bit nippy out there. He should have wrapped himself up a bit more.
- 1989, kid, champion swimmer, came from Brighton for a school sports tournament, drowned in the pool. Tragic accident. You wouldn’t remember it. But you remember. Yes. Something fishy about it? Nobody thought so. Nobody except me.
- What the hell are we supposed to make of that? An estate agent’s photo and the bloody Greenwich pips.
- He’s just back from settling Ian Monkford into his new life in Colombia. Mrs Monkford cashes in the life insurance, and she splits it with Janus Cars.
- I’mI’m serious, Sherlock. Listen, I’m cutting you slack here, I’m trusting you, but out there somewhere, some poor bastard’s covered in Semtex and he’s just waiting for you to solve the puzzle, so just tell me,
- Quite a bit of mud caked on the soles. Analysis shows it’s from Sussex with London mud overlaying it. How do you know?
- What about them? They weren’t there. I made a fuss. I tried to get the police interested, but nobody seemed to think it was important.
- Bored. What?! Bored! No Bored! Bored! Don’t know what’s got into the criminal classes. Good job I’m not one of them. So you take it out on the wall? The wall had it coming.
In the next episode of 映画のイングリッシュ we will continue covering vocabulary from Glee with season 1 episode 7. We hope you will join us.
Intro Song: Stardust by U.S. Army Blues
Outro Song: Hachiko (The Faithtful Dog) by The Kyoto Connection